OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Advancing a document creation and management specification that builds content reuse into the authoring process
Table of Contents
- Technical Work Produced by the Committee
- Expository Work Produced by the Committee
- External Resources
- Mailing Lists and Comments
- Additional Information
DITA version 1.3 was approved as an OASIS Standard. Review details about the new version and download links. See the press release with executive endorsements from Adobe, Cisco, Comtech, IBM, ISIS Papyrus, IXIASOFT, Oracle, PTC, and SDL.
The OASIS DITA TC published a Committee Note entitled "DITA 1.3: Why Three Editions?" on 17 November 2015. To download the Committee Note, please see the announcement from OASIS.
The purpose of the OASIS DITA Technical Committee (TC) is to define and maintain the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) and to promote the use of the architecture for creating standard information types and domain-specific markup vocabularies.
DITA is specializable, which allows for the introduction of specific semantics for specific purposes without increasing the size of other DTDs, and which allows the inheritance of shared design and behavior and interchangeability with unspecialized content.
The following subcommittees are active:
- DITA Help Subcommittee
- DITA Learning and Training Content Specialization Subcommittee
- DITA Technical Communication Subcommittee
- Lightweight DITA Subcommittee
The following subcommittees are currently inactive:
The following subcommittees are closed:
- DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee
- DITA Machine Industry Specialization Subcommittee
- DITA in Composite Environments Subcommittee
- DITA Pharmaceutical Content Subcommittee
- DITA for Technical Standards Subcommittee
- DITA Translation Subcommittee
- DITA for the Web Subcommittee
- OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) Version 1.3, OASIS Standard, approved 17 December 2015.
- OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) Version 1.2, OASIS standard, approved 1 December 2010. You also can download a ZIP file of the XHTML version of the spec from http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/os/DITA1.2-spec-xhtml.zip .
- OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) Version 1.1, OASIS standard, approved 31 May 2007. A consolidated zip file with all specifications, DTDs, and XML schemas also is available.
- OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) Version 1.0, OASIS standard, approved 1 June 2005.
Committee Note, 17 November 2015: DITA 1.3: Why Three Editions?
Recorded webinar: Defining DITA for Pharmaceutical Documentation
Although not produced by the OASIS DITA TC, the following information offers useful insights into its work.
DITA XML.org is a community-driven site hosted by OASIS that provides reliable background information on the standard. The site also serves as a community bulletin board and directory where readers post news, ideas, opinions, and recommendations. It incorporates wiki functionality to let users edit and add new pages to the site. The public is encouraged to contribute content.
DITA 1.1 French translation by Jean-Jacques Solari
- dita: the list used by TC members to conduct Committee work. TC membership required to post. TC members are automatically subscribed; the public may view archives, mirrored at MarkMail.
- dita-comment: a public mail list for providing input to the OASIS dita Technical Committee members. Send a comment or view archives, mirrored at MarkMail.
*To minimize spam, you must subscribe to these lists before posting.
For technical assistance regarding this OASIS TC web page, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providing Feedback: OASIS welcomes feedback on its technical activities from potential users, developers, and others to better assure the interoperability and quality of OASIS work.
Representing these OASIS Foundationals and Sponsors:
- Adobe Systems
- Cisco Systems
- Comtech Services, Inc.
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Intel Corporation
- ISIS Papyrus America Inc.
- SAP SE
- The Boeing Company
- US Department of Defense (DoD)
View full TC roster from 'Membership' link above.