The following are notes taken at our 10 May 1999 Board Meeting.
Present: Jon Parsons, Norbert Mikula, Bill Smith, Carla Corkern,
Simon Nicholson, Laura Walker
- Draft of FAQ and press release available Tuesday, 11 May,
- Meeting 5/12 in Toronto
- I have a call into Sebastian of INSO and Marion of GCA
- I am working on Sun this week
- Summer workshop announcement - COMPLETE
- Agendas in process
- Planning for industry standardization council (postponed
'til later in the summer?)
- Seybold SF - XML Special Interest Day PROPOSAL ACCEPTED
- Seybold SF - pod recruitment
- Internet World Chicago (July) and NYC (Fall) - contact made;
negotiations in process
- Updated bylaws - Please review
- XML World - Danny says that our contract with them obligates
us to sponsorship, and that while he's not willing to give
this up, he is willing to allow us a much less involved role.
FYI - I have asked him to forward the contract to me.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR ME WHILE I'M "VIRTUAL OFFICING"
- As you may know, I'm in MA for approx. the next month househunting
and setting up our new accounts and post box, etc. While I'm
here, you may reach me at:
- 978 439 9035
- MOBILE: 619 675 1450