1. Operations report and financials - Laura Collections and
cash flow improving
2. xml.org status - Bill, Bob, Norbert
CommerceOne, DataChannel, Documentum, GCA, Ibm, Oracle, SAP,
SoftQuad and Sun Microsystems
Will be dropped today, 06 July, 3 PM EDT
Agenda for Steering Comm meeting
Bob to send agenda/invite
Laura to work w/counsel incorporated suggested changes.
Amended document to be distributed @ Steering Cte meeting
Bill will contact Bruce Walker
3. Cover sponsorship - Laura
- Have not spoken with Jon yet, but did email our response.
Laura will follow up with Jon today
4. XML One (London) - Simon & Laura call for papers
Laura to confirm w/Terry XML.org session demo facilities for
Rumor: only 3 vendors so far
Laura to get information on mailing list, call for papers
list event on our site, xml.com
5. Oracle: Member of Board should encourage them to join
OASIS as well.
Laura to inform them that OASIS membership is a requirement
for XML.org sponsorship (wait aboutg a week; possibly at Steering
6. Compaq/Jeanne Pawluk
Bill to follow up w/Jeanne
7. GCA Who is responsible for determining GCA/OASIS relationship?
Bill volunteered to continue talking with GCA Board about
whether there's an opportunity (e.g., IT track comes under
8. Carol Curry announcement is for members; no press release.
Bill says that he cannot find workshop from home page. It's
in the members only section (and not very well presented).
Mary has already asked our webmaster to reorganize page so
that workshop appears at the top and is easy to locate/use.
- Workshop information needs to be on home page, not just
in members only section. And add information about individual
- link from calendar to workshop
10. Membership restructuring press release should point
CGM Open - feedback on membership restructuring forthcoming
New members may enlist without specifying affiliation Workshop
session attendees will be captured; evaluated post-workshop
to determine whether any membership dues should be channeled
through CGM Open.
Contributors, Individuals, Associates must choose either CGM
Open or OASIS
Sponsors may choose multiple affiliates.
1. Announcement/Press Release/Categories & Benefits sent to
2. Press Release on BizWire Thursday
3. Membership enrollment on web needs to change (& tie in
to credit card processing)
4. Press Release - announcing Workshop with new individual
category - Friday?
OTHER ACTION ITEMS: Laura to Post Minutes from Board meetings
on MEMBERS ONLY section
CGM Open/OASIS Joint Board Meeting Thursday at lunch.