The following are notes taken at the 18 January 2000 OASIS Board of Directors Meeting (a teleconference).
Present: Simon Nicholson, Bill Smith, Bob Sutor, Alan Hester, Norbert Mikula, Mary McRae, Lofton Henderson, Eric Garcia (arriving a bit late), Laura Walker
Absent: Jon Parsons
1. Financials and Ops - Laura
2. Update on xml-dev policy discussions - Alan
3. update on suggestion re Robin C acting as secretary to XML CG - Laura
4. Identification of Board sub-group to pull together 1st half meeting schedule for Board and Member meetings - all
5. xml.org update - Simon
6. ebXML meeting update - Laura
7. GCA update - Bill
8. Update on transition of Web sites - Alan/Bob
9. Recruitment update - Laura
1. Financials and Ops - Laura Still doing well. Detailed report (balance sheet) has been mailed seperately.
2. Update on xml-dev policy discussions - Alan No formal or informal policy. Re job postings: permit, but only simple job descriptions with reference to URL with detailed description; use some kind of abbreviation or keyword in subject line so that readers may filter.
3. Update on suggestion re Robin C acting as secretary to XML CG - Laura Robin doesn't have the bandwidth to take this on.
4. Identification of Board sub-group to pull together 1st half meeting schedule for Board and Member meetings - all Scott McGrath to coordinate with Mary, Norbert and Chairs to determine 1H00 meeting schedule. Board meetings: Next board meeting 2/8&9 in Burlington (hosted by Sun) April 18-19 Bellevue, hosted by DataChannel
5. xml.org update - Simon SC has agreed to move forward with building reference implementation. Next meeting schedule for week of 31 Jan-4 Feb (in conjunction w/ebXML meeting)
6. ebXML meeting update - Laura payment processing.
7. GCA update - Bill no update. 1/27.
8. Update on transition of Web sites - Alan/Bob need to contact unicomp.
9. Recruitment update - Laura I will get more aggressive later this week. action item - send job description to board
10.AOB Topic Maps Norbert will report on collaborating on topic map project w/GCA by Friday Dewey Decimal OCLC discussions