- Ops and Financials
- Board Seats
- XML.ORG / Registry
- Follow up on retreat
OPERATIONS AND FINANCIALS
- BusDev activity continues w/hrXML, adXML and others
- 10 new members in 2 months (5 Contributors; 5 Sponsors):
- Peer3 (Contributor >10)
- Popkin Software (Sponsor)
- Defense Information Services Agency (Sponsor)
- Deutsche Post AG (Sponsor)
- Mediaplex (Sponsor)
- European Parliament (Contributor >10)
- Stilo Technology (Contributor <10)
- General Services Administration (Contributor >10)
- Recordare (Contributor <10)
- Virtual Access Networks (Sponsor)
- CGM Open transition (from affiliate to member section)
REPORT ON PRIORITIES FROM RETREAT
- Member Sections Program - in process. Consortium collateral and identity
being updated to reflect new orientation. Attorney (LGU) is drafting T&C
document for working w/Member Section (partially based on Affiliate
Agreement). Should have high-level recommendation by end of November.
- XML.ORG - Triage being performed on current site. Fred currently
performing competitive and market analyses while correcting current issues
and developing short-term content renewal plan. (Fred will attend XML
DevCon.) Recruitment underway for Dir Bus Dev.
- Focused Business Development (Horizontal, Vertical). Am currently
speaking with 3-5 different initiatives. There's a lot of new interest and
related activity, which is making this more of a reactive activity at the
- ebXML Conference - Awaiting proposal. Should have plan by 10 Nov.
OPERATIONS AND FINANCIALS (cont'd)
- New web servers being installed this week
- Docbook ballot adjustment
ADDITIONAL BOARD SEATS
Deferred to next call
XML.ORG AND XML.ORG REGISTRY
- Recruitment for DirBusDev has begun. Interviews will occur between 11/3
and 11/17. (Job Description and posting have been provided to Staffing Cte.)
- Keep existing Registry operational until plan for replacement is
Bob Sutor resigned as Chair of the Board.
Norbert Mikula nominated Patrick Gannon as Chair. 2nd by Eric Garcia.
ACTION ITEMS RESULTING FROM RETREAT
- Board: achieve more representation from horiz,
vert, and user orgs. Create target list
- Some activity currently under way.
- Submit to Staffing Cte job descriptions for Infrastructure and Publisher
- Director of Business Development (job title change based on
market analysis and Administaff guidance) submitted to
staffing cte. 10/27. Postings up 10/28. Resumes coming in.
- Director of IT - job description nearly complete
- Statement of Work for contract to write biz plan
- LW working w/EG. Expected completion date 11/7.
- Clarify proposed bylaw resolutions
- Complete. See email forwarded by LW from John Brunjes of Brown Raysman.
- Solicit proposals for antitrust policy
- Complete. Antitrust policy submitted by Lewcash, Gesmer and
Updegrove. Awaiting Board action.
- CGM Open: launch helper app
- Incorporate under OASIS (as opposed to SGML Open)
- Evaluation complete (performed by LGU). OASIS is available in
PA. OASIS Open, Inc. available in MA and DE. Attorney advice
is to incorporate in DE. LGU currently investigating
leveraging CGM Open incorporation in DE to faciliate OASIS
incorporation in that state. Anticipated date of final
- Solicit proposals from PR firms
Patrick requested another conference call for 16 Nov, same time. LW to
verify everyone's availability.