Resolution 011031-01. Resolved unanimously: That the
Minutes of the 19 October 2001 Board meeting are approved.
3. Financial Status and Actions. Patrick presented
the current financial status and associated actions that might
be taken, including a discussion of strategy options. In executive
session, the Board discussed all the scenarios and possible
4. Vertical Alliances. The board was asked to help
drive industry verticals to work with OASIS, and even consider
asking them to join as Member Sections. Jointly branded workshops,
such as the December OMG-OASIS Interoperability Summit conference,
have great value to our members.
5. Intellectual Property Policy. After a brief discussion
of the current IP policy, including directions to OASIS TCs
on the distribution of their draft materials to outside bodies,
it was decided to get advice from outside legal counsel on
appropriate measures to take and discuss this further in a
6. Strategy Committee Update. The Strategy Committee
is finalizing minutes of their recent meetings and will present
a report soon.
7. TAC Update. TAC continues to discuss their action
items and has no report for this board meeting.
8. ebXML Status. Our OASIS representatives to the
joint planning activities continue to work with the UN/CEFACT
team, and expect to report on conclusions shortly.
9. Closing. Colin closed the meeting at 1:00 pm. The
next meeting will be a teleconference at 11:00-1:00 PST on
15 November, and the following meeting will be a face-to-face
meeting at HP facilities in Cupertino, CA on 4 December.