These are the changes made to the August 2001 version of the OASIS TC Process; these changes are to be approved by the OASIS Board of Directors on 16 September 2002. (This document is non-normative.)
- Change the title of the document from "Technical Committee Policy" to "Technical Committee Process" to reflect common usage.
Section 1(a) Definitions
- Change "PEOTCP" to "Eligible Person"
- Remove the definition for "calendar quarter" which is no longer used.
- Add definitions for "Committee Specification," "OASIS Standard," "Public," and "Publicly."
Section 1(c) TC Formation
- Names of TC may not include third party trademarks or service marks.
- The submitted statement of purpose and list of deliverables cannot be clarified until the first TC meeting.
Section 1(e) TC Membership
- The TC chair must notify the TC of all membership requests (for the purpose of accountability).
Section 1(f) Termination of TC Membership
- A person loses his TC membership when he loses his eligibility (i.e. OASIS membership), after the 15 day grace period given in Section 1(e).
Section 1(i) TC Visibility
- Subscriptions to the TC's general list is required for TC members and is allowed for all Eligible Persons (i.e. OASIS members). The TC chair may prohibit non-TC members from posting to the list.
- The purpose of the comment list is defined as receiving public comments, and not for public discussion.
- The TC's web page must be kept current with the TC name, charter, members and officers, IPR statements, etc.
Section 1(j) TC Procedure
- Contributions to the TC, and work created by the TC, must comply with the OASIS IPR Policy.
Section 1(l) TC Revision
- The TC can clarify its charter no sooner than the first meeting. Clarifications may be overruled by the TC Administration and must be publicized.
Section 1(m) TC Voting
- Majority vote is the default.
Section 1(n) Conduct of TC Business by Mail
- Voting by mail must be conducted on the general TC list (for the purpose of accountability).
- For the purposes of email voting, quorum is defined as the entire TC membership.
Section 1(o) TC Coordination
- The purpose of JCs and the requirements for forming a JC have been clarified.
Section 2 Standards Process
- Before submitting a Committee Specification to OASIS members for review and approval as an OASIS Standard, the TC must conduct a public review of the specification. The submission to OASIS members must include a disposition of the review.
- The certification of the three implementations includes complying with the OASIS IPR Policy.
- The time required for the review/voting cycle has been reduced. (This will improve the quality of specifications by reducing the "cost" of withdrawing, fixing, and resubmitting a specification if problems are discovered. Specifications should be "cleaner" upon submission because of the required public review, so will require less time for review by members.)
- Submissions may be made monthly rather than quarterly.
- OASIS TC Administration has 15 days, rather than one month, to prepare the submission to go out to members.
- Members have 15 days to familiarize themselves with the submissions and another 15 days for voting, rather than 90 days plus 30 days.
- Specifications must be formatted using the OASIS-approved template.
- Errata to a submission is not allowed; if changes are required the submission must be withdrawn thenresubmitted.
Section 3 Board of Directors Involvement
- The TC Administrator must notify the Board when a submission has been received to give the Board the opportunity to withhold the submission from voting.
Changes for consistency in terminology and capitalization of terms.