Minutes for 07/12/2006 Conference Call
Meeting began at 8:15 AM PT.
The call achieved quorum.
Hour 1 minutes by Mark Ford.
- John suggested of a moratorium on new issues in order to meet the deadline
- Ron compared this to a “code freeze”
- Alex stated that we were supposed to have a feature freeze a year ago
- Monica: We need to make sure we have the document and schema up to date
- John: Biggest fear is that we don't make the end of the year and risk having to go through a new IPR process in April 2007. Will propose a deadline in email.
- John: We should try to wrap this work up by the end of the calendar year.
- Vinky added the static analysis table updates and released the pen
- The pen is now open
· Issue 280
- Mark: The IBM'ers aren't on so it's probably not worth discussing this issue
- Deferred until next call
· Issue 289
- - Deferred until next call
· Issue 303
- Chris: If we're going to pass it with a priority then it gets mixed up with 280. If we disallow, it seems easy.
- Alex: We don't have explicit text to disallow this. There's no difficulty in this issue.
- Mark: (proposed spec text pasted into IRC):
· A fault handler MUST NOT contain <catch> constructs that will match the same fault using the same fault matching rule as described below. A process definition that violates this condition MUST be detected by static analysis and rejected by a conformant implementation.
- Mark motions to open, Chris seconded. No objections.
- Issue 303 is deferred until after Issue 280 is discussed.
· Issue 292
- Rania motioned to adopt the proposal as outlined in the issue list. Ron seconded. No objections.
- Proposal for Issue 292 is passed. Issue 292 is now closed.
· Issue 297
- Mark dropped the second part of his initial proposal
- Mark: motions to accept the proposal, Chris seconds. No objections
- Proposal for Issue 297 is passed. Issue 297 is now closed.
· Issue 294.1
- Alex provided a summary of this issue as a friendly amendment to Dieter's original proposal.
- Rania recalled that Dieter was in favor of Alex's suggestions but suggests deferring until Dieter is back.
- Issue 294.1 is deferred to next call.
- Issue 294.2 will also be deferred to next call
· Issue 298
- Monica posted an updated proposal which is available in the archives (some people apparently did not receive it).
- Monica asked Ron to post the updated proposal to IRC.
- John found the email in the archives (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/email/archives/200606/msg00215.html)
- No discussion
- Monica motioned for the revised proposal is accepted, Ron seconded. No objections.
- Proposal for Issue 298 is passed. Issue 298 is now closed.
Hour 2 minutes by John Evdemon. Minutes for Hour 2 may be brief because John was chairing the call and taking minutes at the same time.
· Issue 291
- Alex provided a recap of the proposal. Recommendation is to loosen the requirements for using WS-Security (may not be applicable for all protocols). Suggestion is to add reference as one possible recommendation for security.
- Alex will write up a draft proposal using spec text for the next call.
· Issue 301
- Simon posted an updated proposal to this issue on 6/30.
- Monica motioned that the revised proposal is accepted, Ron seconded. No objections.
- Proposal for Issue 301 is passed. Issue 301 is now closed.
· Issue 302
- Ron proposed modifying the proposal as follows (from the IRC session):
· Add a restriction on declaration hiding after the 2nd bullet:
· New variable or partnerLink declarations that would hide existing ones, MUST NOT be used, as such declarations could change the branching behavior or existing partnerLink interactions.
- Rania pointed out raised some additional changes via IRC:
· New variable declarations would hide existing ones, thereby changing the branching behavior MUST NOT be used.
· New partnerLink declarations would hide existing ones, thereby changing the partnerLink to which an existing activity refers MUST NOT be used.
· Adding declarations of variables, partner links, and correlation sets in existing scopes MUST NOT be done if they hide existing declarations that are used by existing constructs in the scope.
- Rania motioned for the revised proposal is accepted, Ron seconded. No objections.
- Proposal for Issue 302 is passed using the revised spec text from IRC. Issue 302 is now closed.
· Issue 82.3 (related items)
- Rania discussed the missing sections and asked that they be included in the spec.
- The missing sections will be included in the spec. Everyone should review and provide feedback on these sections (we have not received any feedback to date):
· Planned agenda for next week’s call:
o Nomination/volunteers to take minutes
o Roll call/determine quorum
o Review agenda
o Approve previous minutes as available
o Discuss and approve milestones
o Discuss dates for an October F2F to discuss Public Review and feedback – call for volunteers to host
o Update on spec editing status
o Issues to be discussed:
§ 82.3: Feedback on added sections (reminder)
o Agenda for next meeting
o New business