FPSC Minutes 20030605 - 17:00UTC (13:00EDT/10:00PDT) - DRAFT

$Date: 2003/06/12 14:27:57 $(UTC)

Table of Contents

1. Roll call and quorum
2. Agenda
3. Minutes of the last meeting
4. Membership
5. Web site
6. Reports of standing committees
7. Outstanding action items
8. Agenda items
9. Action items
10. Future meetings
11. Adjournment

1.  Roll call and quorum

Voting members expected in attendance (alphabetical) at the teleconference; a quorum of four of the seven members is needed:

  • Jodi Narel

  • Eric Smith

Voting members having sent regrets:

  • G. Ken Holman (chair)

  • Jean McInerney

  • Sue Probert

  • none

Voting members absent:

  • Gunther Stuhec

  • Dan Vint

Observing members in attendance (alphabetical) at the teleconference:

  • Stephen Green (indicated 2003-05-02 desire to become voting member)

Observing members not in attendance (alphabetical) at the teleconference:

  • Zachary Alexander

  • Chee-Kai Chin

  • Monica Martin

  • Bill Parducci

  • Jim Wilson

If voting members are unable to attend, please inform the chair before the meeting begins. This notification need not arrive until a few days before the meeting begins and can be privately sent to the chair (be sure to include "UBL" somewhere in the subject or body of the private message, please).

2.  Agenda

No changes to the agenda.

3.  Minutes of the last meeting

A quorum was not reached and attending members had no modification to the last meeting minutes.

4.  Membership

Quorum is required at all meetings to progress voting-related issues. If you are a voting member and you are unable to attend on a regular basis, please consider becoming an observer to make quorum requirements more easily met.

5.  Web site

No new web site issues have come to light.

6.  Reports of standing committees

We don't yet have any standing committees.

During the meeting a concern about limited time to produce the specifications and the availability of members to commit to satisfy the pressing deadlines. In order to ensure the project plan remains on schedule, the project plan should clearly allocate resources for each project. Thus, when we receive information and can start a project no time is lost in assigning the work.

7.  Outstanding action items

20030522-Action1 - Sue - continue liaison with eDocs regarding participation in the FPSC group

  • no formal report as Sue is not present.

20030529-Action2 - UN document numbers - Jean - establish if there are procedures by which we can allocate and reserve document numbers for layouts we need in support of FPSC that are not met by UN requirements.

  • no formal report as Jean is not present.

20030529-Action3 Change Order layout - Stephen - establish if an appropriate UN Layout exists for the new change order document types

  • Stephen located the layout and provided via list serve.

20030529-Action4 - Open Office tools - Ken - establish if there are any plans for a forms-based I/O application for XML instances in the office suite

  • no formal report as Ken is not present.

8.  Agenda items

  • No actions. Quorum was not met.

9.  Action items

No new action items.

10.  Future meetings

The next teleconference will be June 12, 2003.

11.  Adjournment

Meeting adjourned after 40 minutes.