OData meeting #72, Thursday, 01 May 2014, 0800 - 1000 PDT

Note: For explanations of conventions and other formal aspects common to OData TC meeting minutes which are used in this document please cf. “Formal Aspects of Meeting Minutes”.

Meeting chaired by Ram Jeyaraman

1 Roll call

1.1 Members Present:

    Dale Moberg (Axway Software)
    Edmond Bourne (BlackBerry)
    Gerald Krause (SAP AG)
    Hubert Heijkers (IBM)
    John Willson (Individual)
    Ken Baclawski (Northeastern University)
    Mark Biamonte (Progress Software)
    Matthew Borges (SAP AG) a.k.a. Matt
    Michael Pizzo (Microsoft) a.k.a. Mike
    Patrick Durusau (Individual)
    Ralf Handl (SAP AG)
    Ram Jeyaraman (Microsoft)
    Susan Malaika (IBM)
    Ted Jones (Red Hat)

Quorum achieved. Details cf. normative attendance sheet for this meeting.

2 Approval of Agenda

Approved as published.

3 Approval of Minutes from Previous Meeting(s)

3.1 Approval of Minutes of 2014–04–24 Meeting#71

Meeting minutes approved as published with no objections.

4 Review of Action Items (AI) and Progress

Context:

See the “List of Open Action Items Before the Meeting” section in the appendix.

4.1 Action items due by 2014–05–01 (end of day)

None.

4.2 Action items NOT due by 2014–05–01 (end of day) but MAY be ready for closure

None.

5 Review of Timeline

All review the timeline. No changes since last meeting.

6 Review of Issues List (IL) and Progress

Notes:

6.1 OData v4 Errata issues in New or Open state

Hubert:

I move to resolve issues ODATA–639, ODATA–641, and ODATA–646 as proposed. Ralf seconds.

No further discussion. No objections. The motion passes.

6.1.1 ODATA–646

ODATA–646: “Clarify; returning content from a data modification should be same as GET” [component: OData Protocol] is Open

Note:

For details cf. 6.1 where the motion is documented.

No further discussion. No objections. The motion passes.

ODATA–646: “Clarify; returning content from a data modification should be same as GET” [component: OData Protocol] is Proposed with no objections.

6.1.2 ODATA–645

ODATA–645: “Default for PUT/PATCH is not to return data” [component: OData Protocol] is Open

ODATA–645: “Default for PUT/PATCH is not to return data” [component: OData Protocol] is Open

6.1.3 ODATA–600

ODATA–600: “Ensure future compatibility by reference to draft-bray-i-json-n (The I-JSON Message Format)” [component: OData JSON Format] is Open

ODATA–600: “Ensure future compatibility by reference to draft-bray-i-json-n (The I-JSON Message Format)” [component: OData JSON Format] is Open

6.1.4 ODATA–639

ODATA–639: “MetadataService.edmx: Schema annotations have to be represented inline” [component: OData CSDL] is New

Note:

For details cf. 6.1 where the motion is documented.

No further discussion. No objections. The motion passes.

ODATA–639: “MetadataService.edmx: Schema annotations have to be represented inline” [component: OData CSDL] is Proposed with no objections.

6.1.5 ODATA–641

ODATA–641: “MetadataService.edmx: Property IncludeInServiceDocument is missing for entity type EntitySet” [component: OData CSDL] is New

Note:

For details cf. 6.1 where the motion is documented.

No further discussion. No objections. The motion passes.

ODATA–641: “MetadataService.edmx: Property IncludeInServiceDocument is missing for entity type EntitySet” [component: OData CSDL] is Proposed with no objections.

6.1.6 ODATA–606

ODATA–606: “Specify navigation property binding combined with containment” [component: OData CSDL] is Open

ODATA–606: “Specify navigation property binding combined with containment” [component: OData CSDL] is Open

6.1.7 ODATA–596

ODATA–596: “Discrepancy between order of elements for geo-positions between GeoJSON and GML may cause interoperability difficulties.” [components: OData JSON Format, OData ATOM Format] is New

ODATA–596: “Discrepancy between order of elements for geo-positions between GeoJSON and GML may cause interoperability difficulties.” [components: OData JSON Format, OData ATOM Format] is Open

6.1.7.1 End fo Issue Processing

Note:

All issues scheduled for processing have been processed.

7 Next meeting

The next meeting will be the face-to-face meeting starting Thursday May 15, 0900 PDT.

7.1 The 6th face-to-face meeting (Redmond, WA, USA)

Discussion:

8 AOB

No other business

Meeting adjourned at 0843 PDT.

List of Open Action Items Before the Meeting

Retrieval time stamp: 2014-05-01 12:13 +02:00.

None.

Note: The actual action item processing is documented in section 4 and subsections thereof.

Index of Issues Processed During the Meeting

Note: The actual issue processing is documented in sections 6. The below index has two main parts: First come the public comments (if any), second the JIRA issues. Each list of issues is sorted by ascending issue number. Noted are the ID, the summary and the reference to the relevant subsection where the issue progression has been documented:

Public Comments:

    None.

JIRA Issues:

Timeline Reference

Note: Please cf. the current revision of the TC timeline.