OData TC meeting #196 Thursday November 16, 2017

Acting chair: Ralf

Chat transcript from room: odatatc
2017-11-16 0800-1000 PST

1. Roll call

1.1 Members present

    George Ericson (Dell)
    Gerald Krause (SAP SE)
    Mark Biamonte (Progress Software)
    Matthew Borges (SAP SE) a.k.a. Matt
    Michael Pizzo (Microsoft) a.k.a. Mike
    Ralf Handl (SAP SE)
    Ramesh Reddy (Red Hat)
    Stefan Hagen (Individual)
    Ted Jones (Red Hat)

Quorum achieved. Details cf. normative attendance sheet for this meeting (event_id=44003).

Notes taken by all and subsequently edited for readability by Stefan.

2. Approve agenda

George: add https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/ODATA-1133

Ralf: Or if time is left after the public review preparation

Ralf: Agenda approved with this addition

Ralf: Or if time is left after the public review preparation

Mike: Clarify that, where the entityset/containment nav prop is known for an entity, the first form should be used. For non-entities, or where the entity set is not known, the final form is used.

George: will propose wording to try and clarify/simplify rules.

3. Approve minutes from previous meeting(s)

3.1 Minutes from November 02, 2017 TC meeting #194

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/61946/odata-meeting-194_on-20171102-minutes.html

Mike: minutes look good

Minutes approved unchanged as published.

4. Review action items [Link to Action item list]

4.1 Action items due

None

5. V4.01 Next Public Review

5.1 Document Walk-Through

Mike: Walked through documents.

Mike: Minor corrections

5.1.1 Part 1: Protocol https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62018/odata-v4.01-wd04-part1-protocol-2017-11-13-redlined.docx

Done.

5.1.2 Part 2: URL Conventions https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62019/odata-v4.01-wd04-part2-url-conventions-2017-11-10-redlined.docx

Done.

5.1.3 ABNF Construction Rules https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/odata/trunk/4.01%20spec/ABNF/odata-abnf-construction-rules.txt?op=diff&rev=1108

Done.

5.1.4 ABNF Test Cases https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/odata/trunk/4.01%20spec/ABNF/odata-abnf-testcases.xml?op=diff&rev=1108

Done.

5.1.5 JSON Format https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62016/odata-json-format-v4.01-wd04-2017-11-10-redlined.docx

Done.

5.1.6 CSDL JSON https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62045/odata-csdl-json-v4.01-wd03-2017-11-15-redlined.docx

Done.

5.1.7 CSDL XML https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62012/odata-csdl-xml-v4.01-wd04-2017-11-10-redlined.docx

Done.

5.2 V4.01 Public Review Applied Issues

Mark: I move that the application of OData-1129, OData-1130, and OData-1131 be accepted as applied. George seconds.

Mike: Motion passes.

Mark: I move to close OData-1129, OData-1130, and OData-1131. George seconds.

Mike: Motion passes.

5.2.1 ODATA-1129 - Allow deep insert of media resources

Verified during walkthrough

5.2.2 ODATA-1130 - JSON Batch and continue-on-error

Verified during walkthrough

5.2.3 ODATA-1131 - Consistent order of function parameters

Verified during walkthrough

5.3 Request next public review

5.3.1 Request for publication and public review of Part 1 and Part 2

Mike: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62066/odata-v4.01-csd04-2017-11-16.zip

Mike: Independently reviewed zip files for Part I and Part II. Confirmed fixes and links work.

Mark: I move that the TC approve OData V4.01 Working Draft 04 and all associated artifacts packaged together in https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62066/odata-v4.01-csd04-2017-11-16.zip as Committee Specification Draft 04 and designate the Microsoft Word version of the specification as authoritative. I further move that the TC approve submitting the aforementioned Committee Specification Draft 04 for 15 days of public review. George seconds.

Mike: Motion passes.

5.3.2 Request for publication and public review of CSDL XML

Mike: Independently reviewed zip file for CSDL XML and confirmed the .final version has no marked changes.

George: I move that the TC approve OData Common Schema Definition Language (CSDL) XML Representation V4.01 Working Draft 04 and all associated artifacts packaged together in https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62064/odata-csdl-xml-v4.01-csd04-2017-11-16.zip as Committee Specification Draft 04 and designate the Microsoft Word version of the specification as authoritative. I further move that the TC approve submitting the aforementioned Committee Specification Draft 04 for 15 days of public review. Mark seconds.

Mike: Motion passes.

5.3.3 Request for publication and public review of CSDL JSON

[18:16] Michael Pizzo: Independently reviewed zip file for CSDL JSON.

Mark: I move that the TC approve OData Common Schema Definition Language (CSDL) JSON Representation V4.01 Working Draft 03 and all associated artifacts packaged together in https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62047/odata-csdl-json-v4.01-csd03-2017-11-15.zip as Committee Specification Draft 03 and designate the Microsoft Word version of the specification as authoritative. I further move that the TC approve submitting the aforementioned Committee Specification Draft 03 for 15 days of public review. George seconds.

Mike: Motion passes.

5.3.4 Request for publication and public review of JSON Format

Mike: Independent review of JSON Format zip file

George: I move that the TC approve OData JSON Format V4.01 Working Draft 04 and all associated artifacts packaged together in https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62024/odata-json-format-v4.01-csd04-2017-11-10.zip as Committee Specification Draft 04 and designate the Microsoft Word version of the specification as authoritative. I further move that the TC approve submitting the aforementioned Committee Specification Draft 04 for 15 days of public review. Mark seconds.

Mike: Motion passes.

6. Next meetings

Mike: Next Thursday is Thanksgiving in the US.

Thursday November 30, 2017 during 8-10 am PST (17:00-19:00 CET)

Mike: Topic will be to review OpenAPI 3.0 mapping.

7. AOB and wrap up

George: proposed change for contextUrl will affect 10.2 and 10.3.

Meeting adjourned by chair.