The original Call For Participation for this TC may be found at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200402/msg00002.html
The charter for this TC is as follows.
OASIS Electronic Business Service Oriented Architecture Technical Committee.
Statement of Purpose
Continue work on the ebXML Technical Architecture to bring it from v1.04 to a more current architecture that takes into account both subsequent releases of the ebXML specifications and other Web Services and service-oriented architecture works including the work of the W3C Web Services Architecture WG. There are no current efforts on the ebXML Technical Architecture and that specification (currently in v1.04) needs to be updated to reflect changes within several of the other ebXML and Web Services specifications. See the "Identification of similar or applicable work" section below for a partial list.
Scope of Work
The TC will:
- Assess the subsequent and related works noted herein and the implementation experience of the existing ebXML and Web Services specifications.
- Update the descriptive and normative statements of existing ebXML and Web Services specifications in an updated Technical Architecture document(s) to reflect the subsequent approved versions, and the other developments and implementation experiences described here.
- Assess the implementability and interoperability of the multiple ebXML and Web Services specifications, provide comments and suggestions to the TCs managing the individual specifications, and identify gaps or future work (if any) needed or desirable for useful complete implementations.
- Assess the implementability and interoperability of other relevant approved e-business and web services standards with one or more existing ebXML specifications, provide comments and suggestions (if any) to the TCs and other panels managing the relevant individual specifications, and (if the TC requests) provide non-normative examples or suggestions for useful combinations and extensions of the various specifications.
- Adhere to the requirements of the ebXML Requirements Specification (v1.06) and/or later revisions.
- Provide an opportunity for each TC that manages an individual ebXML and/or Web Service(s) specifications to comment on and correct any descriptions or characterizations of those specifications before they are incorporated into any work approved by this TC.
The TC will not publish normative public guidance about an existing ebXML specification that contradicts the approved text. Suggestions for change or extension should be welcome and recorded, but expressed in a manner that does not undermine the approved specifications as the primary source of ebXML technical guidance.
In no event shall this Technical Committee finalize or approve any technical specification if it believes that the use, distribution, or implementation of such specification would necessarily require the unauthorized infringement of any third party rights known to the Technical Committee, and such third party has not agreed to provide necessary license rights on perpetual, royalty-free, non-discriminatory terms.
List of Deliverables
- An eBusiness Service Oriented Architecture Technical Specification - completion date in eighteen months from formation of this TC, with incremental drafts published on a regular basis in advance of completion.
- A Service Oriented Architecture (including ebXML and Web Services) Best Practices Document (first version) - a non prescriptive (illustrative) guide to help implement a modern SOA. Completion date is twelve months after the completion of the architecture above.
All OASIS ebXML and Web Service TCs, non-OASIS ebXML and Web Service standards groups and SOA implementers, vendors, eGovernment personnel and users are the primary audience. The work should be of interest to anyone involved with Service Oriented Architectures (SOAs) regardless of the standards body under which the work is sanctioned.
English. The TC may elect to form subcommittees that will produce localized documentation of the TC's work in additional languages.