This TC was originally formed in 1999 before the current OASIS TC Process was created, so there is no original Call For Participation.
The charter for this TC was last modified on 21 August 2001; this change was announced at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200108/msg00002.html
The charter for this TC is as follows.
OASIS ebXML Registry TC
Statement of Purpose
The OASIS ebXML Registry TC develops specifications to achieve interoperable registries and repositories, with an interface that enables submission, query and retrieval on the contents of the registry and repository. Further, the Registry TC seeks to develop specifications that serve a wide range of uses, covering the spectrum from general purpose document registries to real-time business-to-business registries. Additionally, as part of its specification development work, this TC explores and promotes various emerging models for distributed and cooperating registries.
The TC's efforts foster compatibility across specifications developed in other forums, specifically furthering the work that was accomplished in the ebXML Registry and Repository Project Team. (Further information on the ebXML initiative can be found at http://www.ebxml.org. )
As part of its effort to develop specifications, this TC will:
- Address requirements raised by committee members and by the joint OASIS-UN/CEFACT Requirements and Technical Architecture Committees;
- Proactively engage with related activities in external forums, and specifically:
- create a recognized liaison with ISO 11179;
- create a recognized liaison with UDDI;
- create recognized liaisons with appropriate W3C activities and Working Groups to include the XML Query Working Group.
- Coordinate TC activities with other technical committees and work groups operating within OASIS and UN/CEFACT;
- Develop future versions of the OASIS ebXML Registry Specifications with consideration of related technologies adopted by other forums;
- Strive to engage those implementing these specifications to get valuable feedback and lessons-learned that can help to improve, clarify and correct the specifications; and
- Engage in discussions with academic and research communities to facilitate understanding, awareness and possible collaborations regarding emerging technologies and research applicable to our registry interests.
List of Deliverables
Unlike newly formed OASIS ebXML TCs that are based solely on existing ebXML work, the Registry TC can be considered a merging of two complementary efforts. As such, the OASIS ebXML Registry TC will develop a roadmap document that uses the requirements of both committees in an effort to incorporate the compatible vision and goals of both OASIS and ebXML (registry committees). The OASIS ebXML Registry TC will use the ebXML Registry Information Model Version 1.0, the ebXML Registry Services Version 1.0, and the OASIS Draft Registry/Repository Technical Specification, Version 1.1 as input for Phase II work. The TC's base documents will be the ebXML specifications. The ebXML Registry Issues list will be used as the starting point for this TC's Issues list and will be used to generate specific technical priorities.
This TC will develop Technical Specifications, Technical Reports and White Papers as appropriate. Technical Reports and White Papers will be used to explain the motivation, uses, and implementation issues of the Technical Specifications. Initial White Paper candidates include existing use cases and query examples.
The list of deliverables is summarized below:
- Registry Information Model, initial draft 2, first quarter, 2002.
- Registry Services Specification, initial draft 2, first quarter, 2002.
- Registry information Model, final draft 2, third quarter, 2002.
- Registry Services Specification, final draft 2, third quarter 2002.
- Technical Reports will be drafted as appropriate.
- White Papers will be drafted as appropriate.