CTI Marketing Group
Promoting worldwide adoption of cyber threat intelligence standards, STIX, TAXII, CybOX, through education and awareness
Table of Contents
The CTI Marketing Group meets via teleconference monthly and coordinates work via an email list and wiki. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
The OASIS CTI Marketing Group engages in communications and marketing activities that promote worldwide adoption of Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) standards, including STIX, TAXII, and CybOX. The Marketing Group works closely with the CTI Technical Committee to educate the marketplace on the value of STIX, TAXII, and CybOX and to provide maximum visibility and marketing benefits for members.
CTI Marketing Group activities are determined by its members and may include:
- Success Stories/Use Cases: Develop template, encourage submissions, collect, publish, and promote
- Interop Demos, Showcases, and Plugfests: Recommend appropriate venues, publicize events, produce collateral materials using technical content provided by the TC, coordinate press/analyst briefings…
- Webinars, seminars, workshops, BoFs: Publicize events, promote attendance, and assist TC presenters with communication issues including talking points, presentation outlines, slide formats, graphics…
- Conferences: Identify appropriate venues for CTI sessions and OASIS co-sponsorship, help staff match opportunities with speakers, assist TC members in developing abstracts and slides…
- Newsletter: Promote subscriptions to and Sponsor ads for Borderless Cyber News
- Media relations: Assist staff, provide Sponsor quotes, help coordinate press/analyst/blogger briefings, develop talking points for TC spokespersons…
- Social media
- Videos, Hangouts, Podcasts: Adapt technical content provided by the TC into instructional videos, produce testimonial interviews for video or podcast…
- Logo: Promote use of “We Support” logo on collateral, web sites, booth signage…
- Other activities as identified by Marketing Group members
Participation in the OASIS CTI Marketing Group is open to everyone who supports STIX, TAXII, and/or CybOX. OASIS membership is required, and all are welcome to join.
Membership in the CTI Technical Committee is not required. Organizations that are involved in the CTI TC at the Sponsor-level are strongly encouraged to have at least one representative in the CTI Marketing Group in order to take full advantage of their marketing benefits. Contributors and Individual members are also welcome to participate.
Participants in the CTI Marketing Group are marketing professionals or technical specialists with a strong interest in marketing. Most have direct responsibility for their organization's outreach activities including press and/or analyst relations, social media engagement, conference and expo participation, branding, training, etc.
Content used in materials produced by the Marketing Group is taken from or based on approved technical work of the CTI Technical Committee. All materials produced by the CTI Marketing Group are offered for general informational purposes only. They are not approved OASIS technical deliverables, and they provide no assurances under OASIS policies.