DITA Machine Industry SC
This activity will help to galvanize the role of DITA specializations across industries that have common issues for hardware-related description. Such as: manufacturing system engineering, engine- and machine construction, power plant equipments, apparatus engineering, elevators and escalators etc.
Completed:The Subcommittee was closed by the Technical Committee on 07 January 2014 and is no longer active. Archives of its work remain publicly accessible and are linked from this page. OASIS appreciates the efforts of all those who participated in this TC.Initial goals The subcommittee has the following statement of initial goals:
- Develop a design for structured, intent-based authoring of content tailored to the needs in the machine industry:
- domains for specific areas of content (e.g. hazard statements - see also proposal #5)
- if necessary specific topics (e.g. special task types for preventive, corrective, predictive and condition based maintenance)
- list of manual types and requirements that should be covered
- Establish guidelines that promote best practices for applying standard DITA approaches to the needs in the machine industry:
- language reference / user guide
- powerpoint presentations
- training material
- checklist of international laws and regulations that have to be considered
- Brainstorming: ideas and proposal collection.
- Developing a top-level plan for topics and domains.
- Design approval
- Developing DITA DTDs schemas and processing, and piloting and validating the top-level designs against sample content.
- Approval by the TC.
- Embedding the sample DTDs, schemas and sample documents to the DITA-OT demo section for field tests and feedbacks.
- Reviewing the reports. Discussion in the TC, with recommended next steps (e.g. full or part integration into the DITA standard.)
Providing Feedback: OASIS welcomes feedback on its technical activities from potential users, developers, and others to better assure the interoperability and quality of OASIS work.