OASIS e-Government TC
Providing a forum for governments to articulate and coordinate requirements for XML- and Web services-based standards
Table of Contents
- Technical Work Produced by the Committee
- Expository Work Produced by the Committee
- External Resources
- Mailing Lists and Comments
- Additional Information
Search Interoperability Requirements
The e-Government Act of 2002 calls for the U.S. Federal Government to enhance interoperability by adopting a common search standard. Now posted for public comment is a draft 'Statement of Requirements for Search Interoperability' (actual experiences with standards-based search interoperability will be of particular interest.).
This draft is based on a recommendation of the OASIS e-Gov TC, and aligns with findings of a white paper by the Industry Advisory Council [IAC], Enterprise Architecture Shared Interest Group, titled 'Interoperability Strategy: Concepts, Challenges, and Recommendations'.
Please share this note with other persons and discussions interested in search interoperability.
The purpose of this TC is to provide a forum for Governments internationally to voice their needs and requirements with respect to XML-based standards which can be handed off to relevant OASIS TCs, provide a mechanism for the creation of best practice documents, and promote the adoption of OASIS specs/standards within Governments.
- eGov Asia-Pacific SC (7 members, 1 document)
- eGov Best Practices SC (10 members, no documents)
- eGov Core Components SC (6 members, 1 document)
- eGov ebXML Registry SC (15 members, 8 documents)
- eGov Harmonising Taxonomies SC (6 members, 2 documents)
- eGov Infrastructure SC (8 members, no documents)
- eGov Services SC (11 members, 10 documents)
- eGov Web Services SC (31 members, 1 document)
Project Name & Status
- Core Components - Paper submitted to TC
- ebXML Registry - Proof of Concept to go live soon
- Harmonising Taxonomies - Draft Glossary of Terms submitted to TC
- Naming and Design Rules - Proposal paper submitted to TC
- Semantic Interoperability - Draft proposal submitted to TC
- Records Management - Proposal paper submitted to TC
- Workflow - Workflow paper under review
- Web Services - Proposal paper to be drafted
Although not produced by the OASIS e-Government TC, the following information offers useful insights into its work.
OASIS Announces Formation of e-Gov Technical Committee
Cover Pages, 4 Dec 2002
View the latest information on the XML.org eGovernment Focus Area.
For technical assistance regarding this OASIS TC web page, contact email@example.com.
Providing Feedback: OASIS welcomes feedback on its technical activities from potential users, developers, and others to better assure the interoperability and quality of OASIS work.