OpenDocument - Metadata SC
Statement of purpose
1. To gather use cases for the application of metadata in OpenDocument documents and OpenDocument aware applications.
2. To classify the use cases.
3. To derive metadata related requirements for future versions of OpenDocument from the use case classes.
4. To propose metadata related enhancements for OpenDocument for consideration by the Opendocument TC which address these requirements.
1. A list of metadata use cases for OpenDocument documents and OpenDocument enabled applications, together with a classification of the use cases.
2. A list of metadata related requirements for future versions of OpenDocument, which will be prioritized by the OpenDocument TC.
3. Proposals for OpenDocument enhancements which address the requirements identified in deliverable 2.
Scope of work
The subcommittee's work is to collect use cases where metadata is passed or stored along with OpenDocument documents, to classify them as described above, and to derive a set of requirements for future versions of OpenDocument from these classes. The subcommittee's work further is to prepare proposal for OpenDocument enhancements which address these requirements. The use case and requirement documents shall be approved by the TC before the SC proceeds with the next specification stages.
The proposed enhancements must provide general solutions for the application of metadata in OpenDocument documents and OpenDocument aware applications in general. That is, they have to be neutral to specific metadata ontologies. The proposed enhancements further must not conflict with the processing model of OpenDocument documents for office applications.
Manner and schedule of work
The work of the subcommittee will be primarily through conference calls and a mail list set up by OASIS for subcommittee work, or other IT tools provided by OASIS for TC work. Access by the public will be through an
openly available mail list archive.
Conference calls will be scheduled on a regular basis as agreed by the subcommittee after its formation.
Patrick Durusau, email@example.com, Chair
Providing Feedback: OASIS welcomes feedback on its technical activities from potential users, developers, and others to better assure the interoperability and quality of OASIS work.