OASIS Public Key Infrastructure Adoption (PKIA) TC
Advancing the use of digital certificates as a foundation for managing access to network resources and conducting electronic transactions
Table of Contents
- External Resources
- Mailing Lists and Comments
- Additional Information
The OASIS Public Key Infrastructure Technical Committee has begun implementation of its PKI Action Plan, which addresses the primary obstacles to PKI deployment and usage. To review the latest version, see http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/pki/pkiactionplan.pdf . If you like what you see, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be listed as a supporter or help implement the plan.
The purpose of the OASIS PKI TC is to provide an international forum for software vendors, industry, government, and implementers to internationally discuss issues, share solutions, and develop white papers with respect to addressing:
- business and security needs
- technical interoperability
- enabling business applications
- increasing awareness of available solutions, applications, and successful deployment
- coordination with other TCs in areas of overlap or mutual interest
- PKI Application Guidelines SC (7 members, 2 documents)
- PKI Ask Vendors Implementation SC (4 members, 5 documents)
- PKI Education SC (10 members, 4 documents)
- PKI Issues SC (7 members, no documents)
- PKI Lower Costs SC (6 members, 1 document)
- PKI Publicity SC (4 members, no documents)
- PKI Survey SC (5 members, 16 documents)
- PKI Testing SC (4 members, 1 document)
Although not produced by the OASIS PKI TC, the following information offers useful insights into its work.
IDtrust XML.org is a community-driven site hosted by OASIS that provides reliable background information on the standard. The site also serves as a community bulletin board and directory where readers post news, ideas, opinions, and recommendations. It incorporates wiki functionality to let users edit and add new pages to the site. The public is encouraged to contribute content.
OASIS Mobilizes to Overcome Challenges to PKI Adoption
OASIS News, 23 Feb 2004
"OASIS Members Form Technical Committee to Advance PKI Adoption for Secure Transactions"OASIS News, 07 January 2003
"PKI Forum Continues Security Advocacy as an OASIS PKI Member Section"
Cover Pages, 06 Nov
Stephen Wilson is the PKI TC's liaison to the Asia PKI Forum.
For technical assistance regarding this OASIS TC web page, contact email@example.com.
Providing Feedback: OASIS welcomes feedback on its technical activities from potential users, developers, and others to better assure the interoperability and quality of OASIS work.