OASIS Web Services for Remote Portlets (WSRP) TC
Standardizing presentation-oriented Web services for use by aggregating intermediaries, such as portals
Rich Thompson, email@example.com, Chair
Table of Contents
- Technical Work Produced by the Committee
- Expository Work Produced by the Committee
- External Resources
- Mailing Lists and Comments
- Additional Information
The TC has begun using two additional OASIS operated sites:
- http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrp/ - A repository with stable URIs. Resources placed in this repository will not only have a direct URI, but might be referenced by the URI pointing to the most recent version of the resource.
- http://wiki.oasis-open.org/wsrp - Wiki pages TC members use to develop/track proposals and issues.
The TC has started producing a Technical FAQ.
The erratum items approved by the TC relative to the WSRP v1 specification are collected together in WSRP v1.0 Errata.
The WSRP v1.0 Primer has been approved by the Technical Committee.
A mailing list has been established to assist developers working on implementing WSRP. Subscription to such OASIS email lists can be managed at http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/
WSRP defines a set of interfaces and related semantics which standardize interactions with components providing user-facing markup, including the processing of user interactions with that markup. This allows applications to consume such components as providing a portion of the overall user application without having to write unique code for interacting with each component.
The WSRP Technical Committee has the following subcommittees:
- Conformance SC: Chartered to define conformance assertions relative to the WSRP standard and support/oversee efforts to provide a conformance toolkit.
- Cross-Portlet Coordination SC: Chartered to define how portlets can react in a coordinated manner to user interactions with any portion of the overall application.
- Description and Transport Issues SC: Chartered to oversee casting the specification into WSDL in a manner that is usable with as many web stack tools as possible.
- Interfaces SC: Chartered to deal with all proposals not explicitly assigned to other subcommitees.
- Interoperability SC: Chartered to provide a forum for discussion of interoperability issues encountered when different implementations of the specification test against each other.
- Markup SC: Chartered to oversee definition of fragment rules for various markup languages (this is currently being requested of the various groups that standardize the markup languages) and useful CSS classes.
- Primer SC: Chartered with producing a primer for the WSRP standard.
- Publish/Find/Bind SC: Chartered to define standard mechanisms by which WSRP services can be published to registries and later discovered by interested parties.
- WSRP 2.0 specification; approved as an OASIS standard in April, 2008.
- WSRP 1.0 specification; approved as an OASIS standard in August, 2003.
- An example service wsdl
- The normative WSRP v1 binding definitions
- The normative WSRP v1 interface definitions
- The normative WSRP v1 type definitions
- Approved WSRP v1 erratum items: WSRP v1.0 Errata.
- WSRP v1 Primer
- WSRP v1 and Registries:
Useful resources include:
Although not produced by the OASIS WSRP TC, the following information offers useful insights into its work.
- CoverPages: Web Services for Remote Portlets (WSRP)
- developerWorks: Introduction to Web Services for Remote Portlets
- Punit Pandey: JSR 168, WSRP, Portlets & Enterprise Portal
- Web Services and Service-Oriented Architectures: Web Services for Remote Portlets (WSRP)
- Transform: WSRP and JSR 168: Will These Portal Standards Matter to You?
We have noticed public statements of products supporting the WSRP v1.0 protocol from the following companies (in alphabetical order):
- Apache Foundation (WSRP4J project), see project page
- Clickmarks, see product page
- eXo (an open source portal), see home page
- Fujitsu, see announcement
- IBM, see announcement, product page
- Intrafinity, see announcement, product page
- Liferay (an open source portal), see announcement, product page
- Microsoft, see announcement
- NetUnity, see product page
- Oracle, see announcement
- Plumtree, see announcment
- Sun, see announcement, product page, product page, product page
- TIBCO PortalBuilder, product page
- uPortal (an open source portal), see announcement
- Vignette, see announcement
- webMethods, see announcement
If your company has announced support for WSRP in a product and this is not noted in the above list, please notify the chair and request to be added to this list.
In addition, the following companies have been participating in interoperability testing of their WSRP v1.0 implementations (in alphabetical order):
Content for this OASIS TC web page is provided by Rich Thompson of IBM on behalf of the TC. For technical assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providing Feedback: OASIS welcomes feedback on its technical activities from potential users, developers, and others to better assure the interoperability and quality of OASIS work.