office message

Subject: Current cloud editing providers - rough draft - working on something for inactive members

Greetings,

Here's a rough draft of the email I want to send to the six (6) implementers listed below:

********************

Subject: OpenDocument Format - Reaching for the Cloud

Salutation!

The OpenDocument Format TC at OASIS is in the final staging of approving ODF 1.4.

So we don't lose our regular Monday conference call slot, the TC is canvassing implementers on useful features to take the OpenDocument Format to the Cloud!

You have come to our attention as a successful implementer of the OpenDocument Format, in the Cloud.

The TC needs advice on what features will further foster the spread of OpenDocument Format and we are hopeful you will consider joining our TC in that quest.

You can find us at:

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office

If you have questions, please post those to patrick@durusau.net.

If you are ready to join in our quest, see: https://www.oasis-open.org/join-2/

Deeply appreciate your taking the time to consider our request.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

**********************

1) Collabora Online - https://www.collaboraoffice.com/

Collaborative editing features. - Works in any modern browser â no plugin needed.

2) Google Docs - https://docs.google.com

3) Microsoft - https://www.office.com

4) OnlyOffice - https://www.onlyoffice.com/

Co-author documents with one of two co-editing modes: real-time or paragraph-locking. Track changes, communicate in real-time using the built-in chat or making audio and video calls.

5) ownCloud - https://owncloud.com/

Infinite Scale comes with a ramped-up WOPI protocol server that provides collaborative office document editing with multiple users. It supports Microsoft Online Office 365, Collabora Office and OnlyOffice out of the box and is ready to support more collaborative editors in the near future. With the focus on seamless collaboration, files are locked when opened in an online editor to show others that they are in use and likely to change.

6) Zoho Writer - https://www.zoho.com/writer/

Share files with an individual or a group of people while retaining the control of your document. In addition to sharing documents, you can also work collaboratively with multiple users and edit your files in real-time.

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net