< Return to Calendar

* XLIFF TC call (Conference Call)
Name * XLIFF TC call (Conference Call)
Time Tuesday, 19 February 2019, 11:00am to 12:00pm EST
(Tuesday, 19 February 2019, 04:00pm to 05:00pm UTC)

New dial-in link at this action item.




Attendance: Tom, DavidF, Bryan, Lucía

I. Administration
B: I move to approve January 15, 2019 meeting minutes

T: I second.

B: Meeting minutes approved.

II. Where do we go next?
  A. XLIFF 2.X or 3.0 wiki space for new features (Bryan)


Bryan goes through the list https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/FeatureTracking

B: There is an approved feature. Besides, Phil indicated that he would not be able to own the 2.4 feature anymore (change tracking).


B: What is the current LISA standards? I have seen that David tweeted something about it.

L: Yes about TBX.


Df:The ballot succeed 16 to 1. It is in final editorial round. A fairly good summary can be found in the standards reader: https://magazine.multilingual.com/issue/jan-feb-2019dm/localization-standards-reader-4-0/

It is now multimodal in the same way as XLIFF.

You can find the information on the TBX dialects: https://www.tbxinfo.net/tbx-dialects/ . The schemas are available and free. The iso standard is not, you can buy it at https://www.iso.org/standard/62510.html .


Df: About the rendering. I submitted the paper that was presented in London. We just need to transform it to the spec style.


Df: Ian has found some bugs in the schematron. Changing to support xpath 3 because it is more expressive. We can add this as a new feature. Bryan: Can you add this as a feature in the wiki? I will work on it once it is there.

B: Yes, I can.

Df: We were in XML Prague, great conference. Highly recommended. We presented JLIFF. We met people from Oxygen and they support XLIFF 2.1. If we make a new set of schematron, it could be added to Oxygen and this will give good support of XLIFF for engineers.


B: We also have the best practices of extracting and merging that were posted by Allison. We do not have a feature associated to that.

Df: We can have it as a feature for it. It is officially donated to our TC. It is saved for us to use it.

B: it is great, good news on that.

Df: Could you add it as a feature tracking as well?

B: Sure.

B: what about the other lisa standards?

Df: there could be some mapping to srx to the feaure that steven owns (roundtrip method). We need Steven to make progress on that.

Registration file - Yves
Df:We need Yves to tells us is this has been solved.

B: It looks like it has been solved according to the exchange of email with Chet.


III. Subcommittee and sister TC reports 

B. XOMOS - Sister TC

Df: The JLIFF presentation on the XML Prague. The JLIFF is stable since Summer. We want to have public reviews by April. The TBX mapping might be out at the same time, this is being editing by James. He already made some progress.

 A. Promotion and Liaison SC
From the PL, we need to think about the XLIFF symposium. The question is, where do we meet next? Do you have some indications? Does it make sense to collocate it with LocWorld?

L: What about XML Prague? You have just mentioned that it is a great event.

Df: I think that would be viable, we could organise it as a conference meetup maybe. It is a big decision, if we want to move it from LocWorld, we need to have this decision not only on the TC. I would make a strong call about this. The next locWorld is Syllicon Valley

Df:What other think?

B: The XML Prague idea sounds interesting.

Df: It is very affordable (conference and venue). The time of the year is very affordable as well.

L: Also the GALA conference could be an idea as they are hosting TAPPIC.

Df: I can explore both options.

B: that would be great.

Df: GALA would not be affordable as Prague. But we might negotiate the room prizes. It would be good to attract the TAPPIC people.

B: I think it is worth looking into both options.

Df: Steve also mentioned a collocation with the UNICODE conf. That is normally West Coast. With Prague, the location is cheap, the only problem is with people coming from abroad because of the flights.


Df: There is an idea of producing a new survey report.  What do you think, Lucía?

L: We can adapt the survey to collect answers for a new report that covers 2.0 and 2.1 versions.

I can prepare the questionnaire so it can be discussed during the next meeting.

Df: that is good.


Df: the ISO preparation, the docbook template. Tom is making good progress on the ISO submission.

Tom: I can provide more info regarding the needed updates. I haven't changed anything on SVN yet. I do recall something about that. We need different metadata. Something that Ken's checking apparently doesn't flag. I'm expecting the existing XSLT to handle all of that. Not sure yet what I need to do for the metadata, but I'll deal with that.

Df: we can continue discussing the two of us.


Df: The next meeting will take place on the 19th of March. Can you all make it?

Lucía, Tom, Bryan: yes.


IV. New business

Df: If you can add the new wiki features as new items to the next month agenda.


I. Administration
  A. Approve January 15, 2019 meeting minutes

II. Where do we go next?
  A. XLIFF 2.X or 3.0 wiki space for new features (Bryan)

  B. Rendering Requirements for XLIFF 2.2 - David

  C. GALA TAPICC XLIFF Extraction and Merging Best Practice v1.0 Allison
  D. Registration file - Yves
III. Subcommittee and sister TC reports
 A. Promotion and Liaison SC
 B. XOMOS - Sister TC

IV. New business

Submitter Bryan Schnabel
GroupOASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC
Access This event is visible to OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC and shared with
  • OASIS Open (General Membership)
  • General Public