OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC
Advancing a multi-lingual data exchange standard for localisation
Table of Contents
- TC Liaisons
- TC Tools
- Technical Work Produced by the Committee
- Expository Work Produced by the Committee
- External Resources
- Mailing Lists and Comments
Please join us at the next XLIFF Symposium in Montreal.
7.5th Symposium at FEISGILTT Montreal Edition
Montreal, 26 October, 2016
The Symposium will be colocated with 5.5th #FEISGILTT @ #LocWorld32 Montreal 2016 in Hotel Bonaventure Montreal.
Call for Papers
If you wish to speak please submit your proposal here:
Registration is available through the LocWolrd webpage. Registration for the main conference is NOT required.
Registration of FragID prefixes for Extensions
If you are using your own extension elements or attributes in XLIFF 2, and the extension has identifiers, you must register the prefix corresponding to your extension's namespace so tools can point to the element following the Fragment Identifier mechanism of XLIFF 2.0.
The purpose of the OASIS XLIFF TC is to define, through extensible XML vocabularies, and promote the adoption of, a specification for the interchange of localisable software and document based objects and related metadata.
- W3C MultilingualWeb-LT Working Group:
- Unicode Localization Interoperability Technical Committee (ULI):
- ETSI ISG Localisation Industry Standards (LIS): Bryan Schnabel (Individual)
- Representation Guide for HTML (HTML) or PDF (494 KB)
- Representation Guide for Java Resource Bundles (HTML) or PDF (107 KB)
- Representation Guide for Gettext PO (HTML) or PDF (197 KB)
- Recorded webinar: 'DITA to XLIFF and Back -Two Complementary Standards'
- Recorded webinar: 'DITA to XLIFF and Back - Understanding the Technical Solution'
Although not produced by the OASIS XLIFF TC, the following information offers useful insights into its work.
- XLIFF 1.2 French translation by Jean-Jacques Solari
- 1st International XLIFF Symposium: 22 Sept 2010, Limerick, Ireland
xliff-users: a public mail list for XLIFF users to communicate with one another. A subscription is required to use this list. Follow these instructions (find the Subscription Manager link) and select xliff-users
For technical assistance regarding this OASIS TC web page, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providing Feedback: OASIS welcomes feedback on its technical activities from potential users, developers, and others to better assure the interoperability and quality of OASIS work.