OASIS ebXML Registry TC
Defining and managing interoperable registries and repositories
FARRUKH NAJMI, email@example.com, Chair
Table of Contents
- Technical Work Produced by the Committee
- Expository Work Produced by the Committee
- External Resources
- Mailing Lists and Comments
- Additional Information
- January 26, 2012 - OASIS ebXML RegRep Version 4.0 25 January 2012 has been approved by the OASIS membership as an OASIS Standard. The RegRep TC encourages implementors to use this version of the specification for ongoing implementations. The specification consists of multiple parts. The entire specification may be downloaded as a single zip file or individual files may be browsed here.
- June 4, 2007 - OASIS hosted a series of webinars June 4th through June 7th on the ebXML suite of standards. All webinars are available for download on the Events page. Here is the direct link to the ebXML Registry webinar audio recording.
- May 1, 2005 - The OASIS ebXML Registry TC is pleased to announce that the ebXML Registry Information Model (RIM) v3.0 and the ebXML Registry Services and Protocols (RS) v3.0 documents have been approved as Standards by the OASIS Membership. See announcement and news article
- March 2004 - ISO
Approves ebXML OASIS Standards. ebXML RegRep version 2.0 are
approved as ISO 15000 parts 3 and 4.
- 2003 - CNET UK has selected ebXML as Finalist for the "Most Promising Technology of the Year for 2003" Award.
- May 2002 - OASIS ebXML RegRep 2.0 specifications approved as OASIS Standards
- 21 June 2001 - OASIS
Forms ebXML Technical Committees. The ebXML RegRep TC started
its work with ebXML RegRep 1.0 specifications that were approved by
UN/CEFACT and OASIS on May 14, 2001.
The OASIS ebXML Registry TC develops specifications to achieve interoperable registries and repositories, with an interface that enables submission, query and retrieval on the contents of the registry and repository.
Work Produced by the Committee
The ebXML RegRep TC began its work in 1999 and has been active since then producing the following technical work:
- January 26, 2012 - OASIS ebXML RegRep Version 4.0 25 January 2012 is the latest version of our specification that has been approved by the OASIS membership as an OASIS Standard. The RegRep TC encourages implementors to use this version of the specification for ongoing implementations. The specification consists of multiple parts. The entire specification may be downloaded as a single zip file or individual files may be browsed here.
- May 2005 - OASIS ebXML RegRep 3.0 is an older version our specification that has been approved as a OASIS Standard
- OASIS ebXML RegRep 3.0.1 is a corrigendum version that includes an an errata document, the specifications with change markings, and the specifications with errata corrections incorporated.
- May 2002 - OASIS ebXML RegRep 2.0 is an older version our specification that has been approved as a OASIS Standard. In March 2004, this version was approved by ISO as ISO 15000 parts 3 and 4.
- June 2003 - OASIS
ebXML RegRep 2.1 is approved as an update to version 2.1
The ebXML RegRep TC uses JIRA for issue tracking of all its
technical work here.
The ebXML RegRep TC uses this Wiki to document work in progress, presentations, and other items of interest.
The ebXML Registry TC Wiki is available for public access. Check here for current work and discussion topics.
The following expository work has been produced by the ebXML RegRep TC:
- September 15, 2005 - ebXML RegRep 3.0 Webinar:
The OASIS ebXML Registry TC held an open webinar event to help developers understand more about how ebXML Registry enables secure, federated information management within and across enterprises. The presentation included an overview of ebXML Registry v3.0 key features, and details on production implementations. A Q&A session with members of the OASIS ebXML Registry TC was included in the event. The presentation materials are available for download OASIS ebXML Registry Webinar
- November 19, 2004 - ebXML Interoperability Demo at XML 2004
OASIS Interoperability Demos Showcase CAP, ebXML, WS-Reliability, WS-CAF, and WSRP at XML 2004
- December 10, 2003 - ebXML Interoperability Demo at XML 2003
An interoperability demo at IDEAlliance's XML 2003 conference demonstrated a number of OASIS and ebXML standards in action. The scenario used simulated an influenza outbreak and how the technology was used to provide early warning and improve response. Presentation materials are available: Interoperability Demo.
- ebXML Registry CC Review SC (20 members, 6 documents)
- ebXML Registry Cooperating Registries SC (17 members, no documents)
- ebXML Registry Security Services SC (21 members, no documents)
- ebXML Registry Semantic Content Management SC (27 members, 29 documents)
Although not produced by the OASIS ebXML Registry TC, the following information offers useful insights into its work.
- ebXML XML.org is a community-driven site hosted by OASIS that provides reliable background information on the standard. The site also serves as a community bulletin board and directory where readers post news, ideas, opinions, and recommendations. It incorporates wiki functionality to let users edit and add new pages to the site. The public is encouraged to contribute content.
- regrep: the list used by TC members to conduct Committee work. TC membership required to post. TC members are automatically subscribed; the public may view archives.
- regrep-comment: a public mail list for providing input to the OASIS regrep Technical Committee members. Send a comment or view archives.
- ebXML Registry Specifications now available in French
The Secretariat du Conseil du tresor du Quebec has translated ebXML Registry Information Model v3.0 and ebXML Registry Services and Protocols v3.0 into French as a service to the community. See French translation of ebXML Registry Information Model v3.0, and French translation of ebXML Registry Services and Protocols v3.0. OASIS gratefully acknowledges the Secretariat for its contributions to the widespread adoption of international standards. The 2.1 versions are also available. French translation of ebXML RIM v2.1, and French translation of ebXML RS v2.1.
For technical assistance regarding this OASIS TC web page, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providing Feedback: OASIS welcomes feedback on its technical activities from potential users, developers, and others to better assure the interoperability and quality of OASIS work.