Technical Advisory Board (TAB)
The purpose of the OASIS Technical Advisory Board (TAB) is to advise the OASIS Board of Directors, Staff, and Membership on matters related to the technical agenda of OASIS. The TAB focuses on improving the standards development process, improving the quality of OASIS Standards through the production of guidelines and educational materials, and advising on improvements to community and collaboration processes and technologies.
Feedback and Questions
The TAB welcomes questions and feedback from OASIS members as well as others interested in OASIS and its work. To send a question or comment to the members of the TAB, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Email to the list does not require subscription or OASIS membership.
Chet Ensign, email@example.com, Chair
Robin Cover, firstname.lastname@example.org, Secretary
Kevin Mangold, email@example.com, Secretary
Ashok Malhotra, firstname.lastname@example.org, Secretary
Jacques Durand, email@example.com, Secretary
Patrick Durusau, firstname.lastname@example.org, Secretary
Technical Advisory Board (TAB) - An OASIS ResourceThe OASIS TAB assists the OASIS Board and staff by producing guidelines and best practice documents for use by specification editors and TC members, commenting on all first-time public reviews, and responding to requests for recommendations on improvements and new features.
2015/2016 TAB Work Plan
The OASIS Board approved the following work plan for the TAB for 2016/2017.
- Assist Laurent with tasks supporting implementa)on of the Open Project initiative.
- Work with staff to prepare project plan for self‐certification
- Recommend additional links on OASIS home page to enable easier access to useful material
- Prepare Editors best practices material
- Prepare Chairs best practices material
- Work on use of GitHub for OASIS TCs
- Continue spec reviews
- Disseminate citation lists for reuse
Recent TAB material for members:
- Request TAB Pre-review comments
- IETF RFC Citation List for OASIS Editors: A list of current IETF RFCs in proper citation format for OASIS spec editors.
- W3C Recommendation Citation List for OASIS Editors: A list of current W3C Recommendations in proper citation format for OASIS spec editors.
- Checklist for Verifying the Editorial Quality of OASIS Specifications: For spec writers and TC members, this draft lists the questions TAB members use when performing a public review of a Committee Spec Draft.
- Guidelines to Writing Conformance Clauses for OASIS Specifications : For spec writers and TC members, this current draft provides guidelines on how to write conformance statements for OASIS specifications.
- OASIS Keyword Guidelines (v6.2): Your guide to using keywords in OASIS work products.
- Conformance, Interoperability and Portability Testing: Procedures and Practices: Do implementations of your specification play well with other implementations? This document helps you avoid guessing the answer to that question.
- Testability Guidelines: Are you ready to move up to the next level of standards writing? Testable standards? It's a big step but here is a little boost to get you started.
Providing Feedback: OASIS welcomes feedback on its technical activities from potential users, developers, and others to better assure the interoperability and quality of OASIS work.