OASIS Topology and Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications (TOSCA) TC
Enhancing the portability and management of cloud applications and services across their lifecycle
Table of Contents
- TC Liaisons
- TC Tools and Approved Publications
- Technical Work Produced by the Committee
- Expository Work Produced by the Committee
- External Resources
- Mailing Lists and Comments
- Press Coverage and Commentary
- Additional Information
The Topology and Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications (TOSCA) Version 1.0 is now an OASIS Standard with 70 members voting to approve it. See the press announcement.
The TOSCA TC is ramping up for exciting work on version 2. Participation in the TC is open to all interested parties. Join this large and active group representing a large number of leading organizations. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The OASIS TOSCA TC works to enhance the portability of cloud applications and services. TOSCA will enable the interoperable description of application and infrastructure cloud services, the relationships between parts of the service, and the operational behavior of these services (e.g., deploy, patch, shutdown)--independent of the supplier creating the service, and any particular cloud provider or hosting technology. TOSCA will also make it possible for higher-level operational behavior to be associated with cloud infrastructure management.
By increasing service and application portability in a vendor-neutral ecosystem, TOSCA will enable:
- Portable deployment to any compliant cloud
- Smoother migration of existing applications to the cloud
- Flexible bursting (consumer choice)
- Dynamic, multi-cloud provider applications
For more information, see the TC Charter.
The following subcommittee is active.
TC liaison to ISO/IEC JTC 1 SC38 WG3 - Mike Edwards
TC liaison to ETSI NFV - Deepanshu Gautam and Chin Qinjin
November 2013: Topology and Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications (TOSCA) Version 1.0 is now an OASIS Standard. The Standard is available in PDF (authoritative), HTML, and editable source formats. The complete specification including the schema can also be downloaded in this ZIP file
March 2013:Topology and Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications (TOSCA) Version 1.0 Committee Specification 01 has been approved and published. The specification is available in PDF (authoritative), HTML, and editable source formats. The complete specification including the schema can also be downloaded in this ZIP file.
- OASIS Approves TOSCA Standard for Deployment and Operational Management of Applications across Clouds, 16 Jan 2014
- TOSCA v1.0 Committee Specification 01 published by the TOSCA TC
- OASIS Forms TOSCA Technical Committee to Advance Open Standard for Cloud Portability, 16 Jan 2012
Providing Feedback: OASIS welcomes feedback on its technical activities from potential users, developers, and others to better assure the interoperability and quality of OASIS work.
- ASG Software Solutions
- Axway Software
- CA Technologies
- Cisco Systems
- Citrix Systems
- Cloudsoft Corporation Limited
- Fujitsu Limited
- GigaSpaces Technologies
- Primeton Technologies, Inc.
- Red Hat
- SAP AG
- Software AG, Inc.
Organizations listed above are OASIS Sponsor-level members who have representatives serving on this TC.