TECHNICAL COMMUNITY PROGRAM MANAGER
Be part of one of the most respected, non-profit membership organizations in the world and help advance the fair, transparent development of open source software and standards through the power of global collaboration and community.
As the Technical Community Program Manager for OASIS Open, you will support members from around the world–multinational organizations, government agencies, research institutes, and companies of all sizes–as they work in a wide array of projects to produce their deliverables and achieve broader goals of wide uptake. You will continually learn about new technologies in areas as varied as cybersecurity, blockchain, AI, privacy, cloud computing, IoT, sustainability, digital trade, legal, emergency management, and more.
You’ll need a solid track-record in managing diverse project teams, along with enthusiasm, curiosity, and a self-directed attitude. Prior experience supporting members for technical consortia, standards bodies, and/or open source communities is preferred.
This position reports to the Chief Technical Community Steward.
You duties will include:
- Become familiar with project teams and develop relationships with them so that you can help them succeed
- Become versed in the OASIS rules and policies and be ready to step in as needed to preempt mistakes and help projects follow them successfully
- Help project leaders define their objectives, scope their work, and attract collaborators
- Help project proposers organize and launch compelling new technical projects, whether OPs or TCs
- Learn the nuances of the OASIS rules and policies and the operational procedures that put them into use
- Help OASIS continue to grow more customer-centric
- Deal with conflict effectively
- Take responsibility for making judgements and decisions as needed
- Set up and configure project assets like Github repos, web sites, or email lists
- Work with IT support to help keep our systems running and improve the platform
- Mentor and on-board new projects and participants
Improving the organization
- Help design and draft material (documentation, presentations, videos, etc.) to help new and existing community members understand and work within OASIS procedures and protocols.
- Help marketing communications and business development staff grow OASIS’s brand in the open standards and open source communities
- Design and draft operational documentation to help OASIS staff operate more efficiently and ramp up new staff expeditiously
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve OASIS operations
- Helpthe Business Development team identify new areas of technical work
- Support Biz Dev as possible with marketing calls, helping improve charters, providing technical backup for pitches, etc.
About OASIS Open
OASIS Open supports members throughout the world with a small but mighty staff of smart, spirited collaborators, most working remotely. We provide a fun, flexible culture where everyone’s ideas are respected and everyone’s contributions count. If you’re looking for a place where you’ll make a difference in the outcome, this is it. We offer exceptional benefits including generous FTO, 401k match, and family healthcare coverage.
OASIS Open is an equal opportunity employer.