Member Review of Proposed Submission of ODF v1.2 to ISO/IEC JTC1
The members of the OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) TC  have requested that OASIS submit the following OASIS Standard:
Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) Version 1.2
29 September 2011
to ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1 (JTC1)"  for approval as a proposed International Standard under JTC'1's "Publicly Available Specification" (PAS) transposition procedure. OASIS is an approved PAS submitter, accredited by JTC1 to make direct submissions of its final standards that are within JTC1's scope for ISO/IEC approval .
The OASIS Liaison Policy  requires that management approve or reject the Request as meeting the policy's requirements; if it is accepted, the policy requires that the Request be posted for member review for 30 days, for comment on the proposed terms, before transmitting it to JTC1.
Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) Version 1.2 was approved as an OASIS Standard in September 2011 and is available as described here:
- OpenDocument v1.2 part 1: OpenDocument Schema: http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.odt
- OpenDocument v1.2 part 2: Recalculated Formula (OpenFormula) Format: http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part2.odt
- OpenDocument v1.2 part 3: Packages: http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part3.odt
- OpenDocument v1.2 Relax NG Schema: http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-schema.rng
- OpenDocument v1.2 Metadata Manifest Ontology: http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-metadata.owl
This Request, dated 19 August 2013, meets each of the applicable criteria of the Liaison Policy, and is available here:
Member Review Period:
The member public review starts 16 September 2013 at 00:00 GMT and ends 16 October 2013 at 23:59 GMT.
This is an open invitation to OASIS members to comment on the proposed terms of submission, described in the Request. Comments may be submitted by any OASIS member to the TC by directing them to the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list. Members should not need to subscribe to the list; as each member should be able to use it automatically. If you have a problem posting to it, let us know. Please direct any other questions to email@example.com.
Comments submitted to that list are publicly archived and can be viewed at:
========== Additional references:
 OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) TC
 ISO/IEC JTC1:
 PAS Submitters:
 OASIS Liaison Policy: