OASIS ebXML RegRep V4.0 approved as an OASIS Standard
We are pleased to announce that OASIS ebXML RegRep Version 4.0 has been approved by the membership as an OASIS Standard .
The call to vote was announced on 11 January 2012  and closed 25 January 2012. A minimum of 45 affirmative votes were needed in order to win approval. The finally vote tally was 61.
OASIS ebXML RegRep V4.0  defines the service interfaces, protocols and information model for an integrated registry and repository. The repository stores digital content while the registry stores metadata that describes the content in the repository. RegRep is an open specification for software that manages diverse content such as documents, images, services, devices, assets, schemas, WSDL, ontologies, records. Statements of Use for RegRep V4.0 were received from MIT's Lincoln Laboratory, Wellfleet Software and NOAA. More information on OASIS ebXML RegRep v4.0 and the TC generally can be found on the TCs web page at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/.
TC Administration will now prepare and publish the final OASIS Standard and notify members when it is available.
Our congratulations to the members of the TC and to the community of implementers, developers and users who have brought the work successfully to this milestone
=== Additional information
 The Candidate OASIS Standard can be found at:
* Part 0: Overview Document: http://docs.oasis-open.org/regrep/regrep-core/v4.0/cos01/regrep-core-ove...
* Part 1: Registry Information Model (ebRIM): http://docs.oasis-open.org/regrep/regrep-core/v4.0/cos01/regrep-core-rim...
* Part 2: Services and Protocols (ebRS): http://docs.oasis-open.org/regrep/regrep-core/v4.0/cos01/regrep-core-rs-...
* Part 3: XML Schema: http://docs.oasis-open.org/regrep/regrep-core/v4.0/cos01/xsd/
* Part 5: XML Definitions: http://docs.oasis-open.org/regrep/regrep-core/v4.0/cos01/xml/