Call to Vote: Ballot for OASIS Standard - XML Interchange Language for System Dynamics (#XMILE) Version 1.0
The OASIS XML Interchange Language (XMILE) for System Dynamics TC members  have approved submitting the following Candidate OASIS Standard to the OASIS membership to a membership vote for OASIS Standard:
XML Interchange Language for System Dynamics (XMILE) Version 1.0
Candidate OASIS Standard 01
29 July 2015
This is a call to the primary or alternate representatives of OASIS Organizational Members to vote. This Committee Specification was approved by the Technical Committee and was submitted for the required 60-day public review . All requirements of the OASIS TC Process having been met , the Candidate OASIS Standard is now submitted to the voting representatives of OASIS organizational members.
-- Voting Details --
The ballot opens at 00:00 UTC on 01 December 2015 and closes at 23:59 UTC on 14 December 2015. You can access the ballot to cast your vote at:
Internal link for voting members: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=2891
Publicly visible link: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=2891
The minimum number of affirmative votes required to approve this ballot is 45 (15% of OASIS organizational members).
Each OASIS organizational member has one vote. OASIS members should ensure that their organization's voting representative votes according to the organization's wishes. If you do not know the name of your organization's voting representative is, go to the My Account page at
then click the link for your Company (at the top of the page) and review the list of users for the name designated as "Primary".
-- Information about the Candidate OASIS Standard --
This Candidate OASIS Standard defines an open XML protocol (XMILE) for the sharing, interoperability, and reuse of System Dynamics models and simulations.
System Dynamics is an interactive environment for simulating the impact of policy on complex ecosystems. The benefits of this standard are:
* System Dynamics models can be re-used with Big Data sets to show how different policies produce different outcomes in complex environments.
* Models can be stored in cloud-based libraries, shared within and between organizations, and used to communicate different outcomes with common vocabulary.
* Model components can be re-used and plugged into other simulations.
* It allows the creation of online repositories modeling many common business decisions.
* It increases acceptance and use of System Dynamics as a discipline.
* It helps ISVs make new tools that help businesses to develop and understand models and simulations.
* It enables vendors to develop standards-based applications for new markets such as mobile and social media.
The prose specification document and related files are available here:
Editable source (Authoritative):
Distribution ZIP files:
For your convenience, OASIS provides a complete package of the prose specifications and related files in a ZIP distribution file. You can download the ZIP file here:
-- Additional information --
 OASIS XML Interchange Language (XMILE) for System Dynamics TC
 Candidate OASIS Standard Special Majority Votes:
- Ballot to approve submitting Candidate OASIS Standard to membership for a vote:
- Ballot to continue with vote after public comments received:
 Public reviews:
- 30-day public review, 12 September 2014: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201409/msg00006.html
- Comment resolution log: http://docs.oasis-open.org/xmile/xmile/v1.0/csprd01/xmile-v1.0-csprd01-c...
 Statements of Use:
- isee systems, inc. - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xmile/201411/msg00002.html
- transentis management consulting GmbH & Co. KG - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xmile-comment/201411/msg00002.html