Call to Vote: Ballot for OASIS Standard - Energy Interoperation V1.0
The OASIS Energy Interoperation TC members  have approved submitting the following Candidate OASIS Standard to the OASIS membership to a membership vote for OASIS Standard:
Energy Interoperation Version 1.0
Candidate OASIS Standard 02
27 May 2014
This is a call to the primary or alternate representatives of OASIS Organizational Members to vote. This Committee Specification was approved by the Technical Committee and was submitted for the required 60-day public review . Comments were received during the public review and Non-Material Changes were made to correctly format references . All requirements of the OASIS TC Process having been met, the Candidate OASIS Standard is now submitted to the voting representatives of OASIS organizational members.
-- Voting Details --
The ballot opens on 29 May 2014 at 00:00 GMT and closes on 11 June 2014 at 23:59 GMT. You can access the ballot to cast your vote at:
Internal link for voting members: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=2617
Publicly visible link: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=2617
The minimum number of affirmative votes required to approve this ballot is 45 (15% of 294 organizational members).
Each OASIS organizational member has one vote. OASIS members should ensure that their organization's voting representative votes according to the organization's wishes. If you do not know the name of your organization's voting representative is, go to the My Account page at
then click the link for your Company (at the top of the page) and review the list of users for the name designated as "Primary".
-- Information about the Candidate Standard and the OASIS Energy Interoperation TC --
The Energy Interoperation TC works to define interactions between Smart Grids and their end nodes, including Smart Buildings, Enterprises, Industries, Homes, and Vehicles.
This Candidate OASIS Standard describes an information model and a communication model to enable collaborative and transactive use of energy for exchanging:
- Dynamic price signals
- Reliability signals
- Emergency signals
- Communication of market participation information such as bids
- Load predictability and generation information
The work facilitates enterprise interaction with energy markets, which:
- Allows effective response to emergency and reliability events
- Allows taking advantage of lower energy costs by deferring or accelerating usage
- Enables trading of curtailment and generation
- Supports symmetry of interaction between providers and consumers of energy
- Provides for aggregation of provision, curtailment, and use
The TC does not define specifications for markets or pricing models, but it has coordinated with others to ensure that commonly used market and pricing models are supported.
This specification is listed in the NIST Smart Grid Interoperability Panel (SGIP) Catalog of Standards. See http://members.sgip.org/apps/group_public/download.php/2917/OASIS%20Ener...
Energy Interoperation Version 1.0 Committee Specification 02 received six Statements of Use from Akuacom Inc, the OpenADR Alliance, AutoGrid Systems Inc, Universal Devices, Inc, IPKeys Technologies, LLC, and TeMix Inc .
Additional information about the OASIS Energy Interoperation TC and its activities can be found on the TC’s homepage .
The prose specification document and related files are available here:
Distribution ZIP files:
For your convenience, OASIS provides a complete package of the prose specifications and related files in a ZIP distribution file. You can download the ZIP file here:
-- Additional information --
 OASIS Energy Interoperation TC
 Candidate OASIS Standard Special Majority Vote:
 Red-lined comparison on COS01 to working draft that produced COS02:
- 30-day public review, 27 November 2010: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201011/msg00014.html
- 15-day public review, 10 August 2011: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201108/msg00005.html
- 15-day public review, 17 November 2011: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201111/msg00005.html
- 15-day public review, 12 January 2012: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201201/msg00002.html
 Statements of Use:
- Akuacom Inc.: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/energyinterop/201303/msg00006.html
- OpenADR Alliance: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/energyinterop/201303/msg00007.html
- AutoGrid Systems Inc: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/energyinterop-comment/201303/msg00...
- Universal Devices, Inc: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/energyinterop-comment/201303/msg00...
- IPKeys Technologies, LLC: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/energyinterop-comment/201303/msg00...
- TeMix Inc: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/energyinterop/201303/msg00009.html